Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The drift that ate my drive ...



... is, as you can see, not that big at all --- by Iowa standards. But it's all mine and I wanted to remember it. Now if it would just melt before the next snow blows through.

+++

I look occasionally to see what's new in submissions to the "It Gets Better" project and am admiring this beautiful production by the Kurlander Program for GLBC Outreach and Engagement at the Washington, D.C., Jewish Community Center.

Even if you don't need to be reassured that it gets better, the clip is worth watching for the masterful way the lights and symbols and prayers of Chanukkah 2010 (sunset Dec. 1 to sunset Dec. 9), especially lighting of the candles in the Chanukkiyahs, or nine-branched Chanukkah menorahs, were integrated. I think it's the best I've seen from a faith community.


No comments: