Friday, February 12, 2021

An overdose of "Call My Agent"

I should have had something else prepared this morning, but Netflix derailed me again.

Each time that streaming platform prepares to increase its monthly rate I prepare to cancel.

Then something comes along and I can't. I just can't.

This time it's all four seasons (24 episodes) of the French series "Call My Agent," perhaps best described as a comedy of manners set within the fictional Paris-based talent agency ASK.

It's engaging, entertaining, doesn't preach and has no redeeming social value other than those attributes. You'll get used to the English subtitles --- unless you happen to understand French and don't need them.

So I overdosed on Season 1 last evening and that's why this is here rather then something else. Perhaps today I'll get back to work.


No comments: