Saturday, October 25, 2014

One of each, please ...


I've been adding to my virtual collection this week while touring the Art Attack exhibits in the Main Street District --- and am now prepared to announce the most recent (vicarious) accessions.

Walls, easels and tabletops already would be filled with Susan Baers, Steve Scotts, Susie Thurmonds, Meg Pranges and others, of course --- so these are works by newcomers to Chariton art events or by artists less frequently seen.

I've fallen in love with Susan Lee's "Madonna of Too Much Information" (top). I considered a robot or two (below), too, but that would have been greedy.


This is my neighbor Nash Cox's first exhibit, and while his detailed depictions of vehicles are wonderful --- I'd have to have this depiction of the staircase in the Storie House, just east of First Presbyterian Church.


Ashley Bedford's triptych won my heart last year; this year, it's a raku-fired mask. Had to have it.


Finally, more work by Iowa City artist Jacob Yeates. I'd have brought home at least one of his larger graphic works last year, and would have to have at least one of this year's smaller series, too. These lithographs revolve around characters from Cormac McCarthy's 1985 novel Blood Meridian and I think them quite wonderful.


The art remains on display until early afternoon today in the Main Street District. Juried and People's Choice awards will be presented at 3 p.m. at the C.B.&Q. Freight House during the Lucas County Arts Council's annual Fall Festival, scheduled for 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

A few of the Art Attack exhibitors will join many others showing and selling at this year's festival, which is a great event. Don't miss it!

No comments: