Sunday, December 25, 2022

Glaedelig Jul!

 Someone asked about Christmas memories and traditions last evening as we were gathered for supper in the parish hall after a lovely Christmas Eve service at St. Andrew's.

Several of mine are in Norwegian --- sort of. Not that I am of Norwegian descent, nor do I speak the language, but I lived for quite a few years among the Norwegian diaspora in north central Iowa and absorbed it by osmosis.

And although Episcopalian I be, Lutheran is my first language.

So here's a Christmas card I've held on to for many years, circulated originally in Winnebago County, Iowa, and a lovely recording of "I Am So Glad On Christmas Eve," performed by the St. Olaf College Choir.

Merry Christmas one and all! Carry the joy and promise of the season with you into the new year and spread it widely.

No comments: