Monday, February 22, 2010

A few changes here

Quite frankly, I'm tired of looking at snow and had gotten tired of looking at the Blogger template used to power this blog. I can't do much about the snow, but I can change the template, which is what I've done. The advantage to the new template is that I can use a photo of my own in the header and these will change from time to time. The disadvantage: the text is scrunched into a narrower column width. I expect I'll get used to that.

I've also made a few changes in the sidebar. The Lucas County Arts Council link is gone because the council no longer maintains a Web site. I've changed the Lucas County Genealogy link to reflect a new day for research opportunities offered by the wonderful Lucas County Genealogical Society. I'll have more to say about that tomorrow. And under "Episcopaliania" I've substitued a link to my current church home, St. Andrew's of Chariton, to replace the old, St. John's of Mason City.

There is a great deal of material related to regional genealogy and local history buried in this blog, which has been maintained for several years now. It's difficult to find unless you know exactly what you're looking for and can do a search. So I've begun an effort to index this material in the sidebar, starting with "Astray in the Chariton Cemetery." This feature will expand and change as time passes, but at least it's started.

There will be more changes, improvements I hope, as the time passes. I remain opinionated and somewhat cranky. That is unlikely to change.

No comments: