Tuesday, November 07, 2023

Election Day: Now go forth and vote


One of the things I miss about being knee-deep in old-fashioned newspaper work is the depth of knowledge I used to have about candidates in local elections. That came initially from covering countless meetings (and elected officials), then editing the work of others who did the actual leg work.

So I went to the polls for years knowing who had a broad-based concern for the best interests of the city or school district, who was a one-issue candidate with little depth and whose name belonged on the loon list.

It's more complicated now, but I think I'm ready. Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. My polling place is City Hall.

If you still have general questions about the election, here's a link to the county auditor's "Lucas County, Iowa, Elections" web page. Now go forth and vote --- and make good decisions.

No comments: