Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Early summer in the garden

So I was up to my ears in an old fashioned south of Iowa murder mystery yesterday afternoon --- touching Murray, Osceola, Lucas and Leon --- when someone called to remind me that there was a meeting at 5:30 and I had the keys.

A couple of hours later, headed home with no idea of what to write quickly about, I took a couple of shots in the museum garden, where I'd been watering earlier in the day (it's still very dry here).

And this is what I found --- Echinacea just starting to bloom; daylilies, too. And this pink and blue combination. Everything seems stunted this year; lack of moisture.

We've had two cooler days, headed back toward the lower 90s now with chances of showers and thunderstorms as the week progresses. Here it is nearly July 1 and the lawns look like mid-August. I'm not enjoying climate change.


No comments: