Sunday, April 05, 2015

Easter rising ....

Merrill Magnolia, West Court Avenue at the Alternative School.

Some words about resurrection from radical theologian Peter Rollins:

Forsythia, Yocom Park.

"Without equivocation or hesitation I fully and completely admit that I deny the resurrection of Christ. 

Saucer (Tulip Tree) Magnolia, North Fifth Street.

"This is something that anyone who knows me could tell you, and I am not afraid to say it publicly, no matter what some people may think.

Star Magnolia, North Fifth Street.



"I deny the resurrection of Christ every time I do not serve at the feet of the oppressed, each day that I turn my back on the poor; I deny the resurrection of Christ when I close my ears to the cries of the downtrodden and lend my support to an unjust and corrupt system.






"However there are moments when I affirm that resurrection, few and far between as they are. 


"I affirm it when I stand up for those who are forced to live on their knees, when I speak for those who have had their tongues torn out, when I cry for those who have no more tears left to shed."


No comments: