Sunday, January 11, 2015

The shape of things


One thing I do enjoy about winter (when it's not absurdly cold) is the ability to see the shape of things after leaves have been stripped away, while trees are snoozing, bending with the wind and hatching plans for spring.

For some reason, this view makes me happy every time I drive toward it, headed east on Court just off the southeast corner of the square.

Who lives here is none of my business, although I know.

What is my business --- to admire the simple lines of a simple house battened down against winter cold against a backdrop of shapely trees stretched tall against a winter sky.

Today's predicted high is 31 --- a break before a brief nosedive back below zero overnight on Monday. Take a little time just to look around.

No comments: