Friday, January 09, 2015

Might as well be spring ....


It's 3 degrees (F) here at the moment, with a high of 9 predicted (and overnight low this evening of minus-3). Then, it looks like, temperatures will moderate a little.

The cold creeps in around the edges no matter what these early mornings, so I've got a woven coverlet from the Amana mills wrapped around my shoulders.

And I've been looking at spring flowers from seasons past, including these blue bells photographed early last May on a west-facing slope above the South Chariton River valley south of Cambria.

It'll be a while before they consider blooming again --- but it will happen; and the cold will pass. In the meantime, wrap up a little tighter and stay warm.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Hmmm, I bet there were some morel mushrooms somewhere in the vicinity of those pretty little blue bells.

I am trying to add some warmth to my decor which looks as bleak as the weather after all the Christmas decorations are packed away.

Stay warm and safe.