Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It's about time



I'm having mixed feelings about daylight saving time, which returned early Sunday.

On the one hand, that "extra" hour of evening daylight is wonderful. I went to a meeting that started at 6 last evening in a place difficult to exit when it's dark --- and when we emerged an hour and a half later, it still was light. Wonderful!

On the other hand, I can't just adjust the hands on my internal clock when daylight time arrives --- no matter what hour the clock says it is, the built-in alarm awakens me at the same time, 4:30 a.m. last week; 5:30 a.m. this week. Doesn't make a bit of difference when I go to sleep.

Since I get the most done in the morning, I'm resenting the "loss" of that 4:30-5:30 a.m. hour, usually very productive.  Here it is almost 9 a.m. and it seems like I've gotten nothing done at all. I'm a morning person, darn it.

This will all work out, I'm sure, but it's going to take a while.

No comments: