Thursday, January 08, 2009

Salem Cemetery Update: Daniel Ragsdale lot


I'm back on track now after holiday hiatus, I think, at this blog's sibling, the Salem Cemetery site. An e-mail from a descendant of John Houston, buried in Lot No. 31 with his daughters Margaret (died unmarried in 1857) and Sarah J. (Houston) Ragsdale as well as several members of the Ragsdale family, spurred me into action. So that lot now has been added and may be accessed here by anyone interested.

The photo up top is of John Houston's tombstone. I also posted Margaret's, but will have to wait until the weather improves a little before getting back out to Salem to adequately photograph the rest. A good tombstone photo depends upon arrival at a cemetery when the light is just right --- and I've not managed to do that yet with the Ragsdales.

No comments: