Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Hog heaven for yeller dog Democrats ...

... like me --- "If'n that there yeller dog's a Democrat, I'm a gonna vote for it." Always have, always will --- unless I die in a Republican-controlled nursing home, they prop me up, wheel me to a polling place, put a pen in my cold dead hand and vote GOP with it.

It's just as well to get crowing out of the way today, I guess, since it's a lot easier to play the critic as a minority than to govern as the majority. But hot damn ain't it great to see our big lug, Chet Culver, and that grand old southern Iowa gal, Patty Judge, at the top in Iowa with a Democrat-controlled Legislature behind them; the U.S. House in Democrat hands; the Senate almost there; and, frosting on the cake, that fool Rumsfeld out? So, Dubwa, I thought the Donald was going to stay with you til your term ended?

Had a vision after I got home last night of Dave Paxton, editor and publisher of the Chariton newspapers, writhing on the floor, chewing the carpet and soiling himself. That made me feel so darned good I went right to sleep and slept, well, like a yeller-dog Democrat.

No comments: